For many of us this is a time of uncertainty. Some of you are without work, for others projects are paused and many of you are working from home. Some of us are feeling isolated, but it’s in these times it’s important to remember how we’ve always been a community and how we are all connected. Right now, we’re taking the distance so we can be even closer together in the future. Below we've got a bunch of quarantine tips to keep you entertained and educated! The upcoming weeks we will send out a bunch of more tips through our weekly newsletter, you can subscribe here to receive them in your inbox!
1. Member Tip: 'Alone Together' by Cello 8ctet
Watch this beautifully orchestrated isolation cello performance by Cello Octet
2. Member Tip: Cinetree
Watch 15 inspiring documentaries and shortmovies at Cinetree
3. Member Tip: My Daily Shot of Culture
Take a virtual tour through any museum in the Netherlands with My Daily Shot of Culture
4. Visit this virtual 'isolation rave'
Bring the club to your house! In collaboration with VICE, Club in the Cloud hosts weekly 'virtual raves' where you can dance together with many others across the world.
5. Follow one of the 450 Ivy League courses for free online
You can now be a student and follow courses at Harvard, Dartmouth, Princeton, Yale, Cornell, Columbia, Brown or the University of Pennsylvania. They offer courses in Art & Design, Data Science, Health & Medicine, Social Sciences, Engineering, Personal Development, Education & Teaching, Mathematics, Science, Business and Programming.
6. Watch IDFA documentaries for free
IDFA has launched their collection of 333 documentaries to watch online for free
7. Houseparty app
Stay in touch with your friends through this group video call app and play fun games together
8. Watch movies together with Netflix Party & Netflix Roulette
Find the right movie with the Netflix Roulette calculator! After deciding you can watch the movie together with your friends from a distance through Netflix party. This free synchronized video service comes with a group chat.
9. Watch arthouse movies with Vitamine Cineville
Cineville comes with a new small online service with arthouse movies to catch your daily dosis of Vitamin C(reativity).
10. Livestream concerts in thirteen European concert halls
Every evening from 20.00 on there is a live stream performance in one of Europe's concert halls
11. Two in distress, makes sorrow less: VPRO Zwelgplek
Through this online platform and safe place, you can watch videos and share your melancholic thoughts. A tribute to human misery.
12. 52 lessons of happiness for parents and their kids
This fun and educating book comes with important lessons of happiness for parents and their children
13. Giant list of ideas for being home with kids
Your kids will never be bored again with this list of fun activities
14. Udemy offers all online courses at a cheap price
Udemy offers a wide range of courses in different fields, from marketing to psychology to languages to IT, DJing and spiritual growth, most of them at a 90% discount.
15. Follow Yale's most popular course for free online: The Science of Well-being
Yale's most popular class is now online and you can follow it for free.
16. Meditate and practice mindfulness with free apps Headspace and Insight Timer
17. Google Arts & Culture: Take a virtual tour through national parks and museums
18. Free 30-days of yoga challenge
Always wanted to learn how to do yoga? Or just want a good start of your day? Follow this 30-day course online with videos from Yoga with Adriene.
19. Podcast Tip: Pakhuis De Zwijger
Speakers on the city, socio-cultural diversity, the economy, the environment, feminism, social geography amongst many other subjects. You can listen to the podcast on Soundcloud, Spotify in the Apple podcasts app or through Castbox, Google Podcasts and Stitcher.
20. Watch all of the James Bond movies on Videoland
Videoland has recently launched all of the James Bond movies on Videoland. Ideal for a Friday-evening marathon.
21. Watch extraordinary performances at the Kennedy Center online
The John F. Kennedy Center has launched over 267 performances on their YouTube channel.
22. Nightly Met Opera Streams
From MacBeth to Romeo & Juliette, the Metropolitan Opera has live streams every evening with new performances.
23. For kids: Can't visit NEMO? Bring NEMO home through this online education platform
Nemo offers an online education platform.
While enjoying these isolation-tips, stay healthy, move with change, connect with your loved ones, share appreciation, sing in the shower, create, dance and stay safe!