What about the job?
A Lab Foundation is a not-for-profit Dutch organization (Broedplaats) with four staff members and a number of interns. We host a community of 300 creatives and technologists who are at the forefront of societal developments. To this end we rent out office space, desks and meeting rooms, we organize events, bring partners from culture, science, government and society together. A Lab is looking for a passionate and experienced Community & Communications Colleague
Our community is our focus. Sharing their stories our result.
As a successful community & communications colleague, you will be our point person for the community and in charge of our communications. You will be in direct contact with the internal and external communities; you will initiate and support activities and events, meanwhile ensuring all of this is seen and heard by the world by being an expert communicator. You will be working closely together with the rest of the team to make this happen.
What are my responsibilities?
Community & Events
- First point of contact for events and community support
- Initiate and organize our internal events
- Support events organized by others in A Lab
- Build connection between our members through events, advice and introductions.
- Together with A Lab’s directors, build a network and presence with the external stakeholders.
- Deliver an amazing experience for members, partners and stakeholders.
- Initiate and execute programming and events.
- Drive healthy and growing communities
- Recruit and lead the interns supporting you in your role
Communications and Engagement
- Develop, maintain and execute the communications strategy, both off-and online, about A Lab, its activities, labs and communities
- Set communication goals and tactics
- Ensure daily on-line engagement with communities and media
- Ensure weekly and monthly progress reports
- Generate leads and conduct tours to attract in-and external members and room bookings to our labs.
- Together with the Facility Manager ensure that building is fully operational and processes are running smoothly.
- Communicate and coordinate shared services functions to ensure highest level of member experience and satisfaction.
- Demonstrated community and communications experience – through successful track record in community management and comms.
- Understand the dynamics of the networked and sharing society
- Candidates with experience in operations, project management and/or customer service from an experience-based environment are highly desirable
- College or University Degree (WO/HBO)
- Fluency in Dutch & English
Critical Success Competencies?
- You do what you love! And people love what you do!
- You have a keen eye for detail and are able to deliver results within time, quality and budget.
- Pragmatism and result focus are highly valued.
- No stranger to technical & computer questions
- Exceptional organizational and multitasking skills
- Ability to identify needs of communities and create/drive solutions
- Understands the societal, cultural and technological subjects that drive our world
- Builds trust across the organization by being a good listener and inclusively soliciting input.
- You love working with people!
- Not afraid to speak your mind!
- Willing to step in when necessary
What about the details?
We are looking for a colleague who is available 32-40 hours a week. Starting: preferably 1 March 2020. First contract: 6 months, with option to extend when both parties agree
What we offer:
- A diverse work environment where you will work together on a daily basis with topnotch photographers, illustrators, game developers, musicians, theatre agencies, data analysts, writers, museums, schools and so many more inspiring people
- A good salary based on your experience and education
- A laptop and work mobile
Interested? Please send your application, CV and motivation letter (half A4) to email@example.com before 14 February.