A Lab Foundation is a not-for-profit Dutch organization with five staff members. It hosts 5000m2 of working space for creatives and technologists at the forefront of societal developments. We organizes events, initiate ecosystems and work together with creative, research, business, academic, governmental and institutional partners. We organizes Labs in which our members collaborate to further societal and business goals.
Our first and foremost community is the members in the building (+/-300). Our networks of topical communities include external members who join us for collaborations, events, parties and working sessions in the Labs. We support the creative and technological development and growth of these communities by connecting them, organizing events with them and generating both academic and business outcomes, We share all activities with the world at large, so it can be inspired, educated and amazed.
As a successful community & communications associate, you will be our point person, in direct contact with the communities; driver of experiments, activities and events, meanwhile ensuring all of this is seen and heard by the world. You will be working closely together with our Facility Manager and Directors.
What are my responsibilities?
Community & Events
• Build connections amongst our members through events, advice and introductions.
• Solve member related issues to ensure a cohesive community.
• Together with A Lab’s directors, build a network and presence with the topical stakeholders of the different Labs.
• You will act as the community support and go-to person, and driver of the execution of A Lab’s day-to-day community interaction and events.
• Deliver an amazing experience in the community for members, partners and stakeholders.
• Initiate and execute programming and events.
• Partner effectively with other stakeholders in the topical communities to ensure vibrant interactivity
• Drive healthy and growing communities
Communications and Engagement
• From the existing communications strategy, set up and drive both off-and online, internal and external communication about A Lab, its activities, labs and communities
• Set communication goals and tactics
• Ensure daily on-line engagement with communities and media
• Ensure weekly and monthly progress reports
• Generate leads and conduct tours to attract in-and external members and room bookings to our labs.
• Together with the Facility Manager ensure that building is fully operational and processes are running smoothly.
• Communicate and coordinate shared services functions to ensure highest level of member experience and satisfaction.
• Ensure A Lab’s mission, vision and results can be followed by the world.
• Demonstrated community and communications experience – through a successful track record
• Understand the dynamics of the networked and sharing society
• Candidates with experience in operations, project management and/or customer service from an experience-based environment are highly desirable
• College or University Degree (WO/HBO)
• English & Dutch
Critical Success Competencies ?
• You do what you love! And people love what you do!
• You are able to get into the details and deliver results under highest expectations on time, quality and budget.
• Pragmatism and result focus are highly valued.
• Exceptional organizational and multi-tasking skills
• Ability to identify needs of communities and create/drive solutions
• Understands the topical subjects that drive our world.
• You are T-shaped; whilst communications and communities are your natural state, you understand strategic breadth and the targets of others on our team.
• Builds trust across the organization by being a good listener and inclusively soliciting input.
• You love working with people!
• Not afraid to speak your mind!
• Willing to step in when necessary
A bit Nerdy and highly digital:
• Do we need to explain this one?
What about the details?
We are looking for a colleague who is available 32-40 hours a week. Starting: 1 September/1 October 2016 First contract: 6 months, with option to extend when both parties agree We offer: being part of a great experience, a salary, lots of learning and networking opportunities
Interested? Please send your application to email@example.com before 1 August.