What about the job?
A Lab Foundation hosts a community of 300 creatives and technologists who are at the forefront of societal developments. To this end we rent out office space, desks and meeting rooms, we organize events, bring partners from culture, science, government and society together. A Lab is a not-for-profit Dutch organization (Broedplaats) with four staff members and a number of interns. A Lab is looking for a passionate and experienced Community Colleague.
Our community is our focus.
Their success is our result. As a successful community colleague, you will be our point person for the community and in charge of our communications with them. You will be in direct contact with the internal communities; you will initiate and support activities and events, meanwhile ensuring all of this is seen and heard by the world by being an expert communicator. You will be working closely together with the rest of the team to make this happen. Part of this is also ensuring that the administration of these activities is tip-top in order.
What will be my responsibilities?
Community & Events
- first point of contact for the community and events
- initiate and organize our internal events
- support events organized by others in A Lab
- build connection between our members through events, advice and introductions
- together with A Lab’s team, build a network and presence with the external stakeholders
- deliver an amazing experience for members, partners and stakeholders
- execute programming and events
- develop a healthy and growing community
- support of our interns
- maintain an administrative overview of your activities (bookings, contracts etc.)
- support and execute the communications strategy, both off-and online, about A Lab, its activities, labs and communities
- set communication targets Where Curious Works
- support daily on-line engagement with communities and media
- generate leads and conduct tours to attract in-and external members and room bookings to our labs.
- ensure that building is fully operational and processes are running smoothly
- communicate and coordinate shared services functions to ensure highest level of member experience and satisfaction
- ensure administrative consistency around contracts, bookings, events and budgets
- demonstrated community experience – through successful track record in community management
- understand the dynamics of the networked and sharing society
- candidates with experience in operations, project management and/or customer service from an experience-based environment are highly desirable
- college or University Degree (MBO/HBO/WO)
- fluency in Dutch & English
- you do what you love! And people love what you do!
- you have a keen eye for detail and are able to deliver results within time, quality and budget
- you are pragmatic and result focused
- you are no stranger to technical & computer questions
- you have exceptional organizational and multi-tasking skills
- ability to identify needs of communities and create/drive solutions
- understands the societal, cultural and technological subjects that drive our world
- Builds trust across the organization by being a good listener and inclusively soliciting input.
- You love working with people!
- Not afraid to speak your mind!
- Willing to step in when necessary
What about the details?
We are looking for a colleague who is available 32-40 hours a week. Starting: asap, but no later than 1 September 2022. First contract: 6 months, with option to extend when both parties agree.
What we offer
- A diverse work environment where you will work together on a daily basis with topnotch photographers, illustrators, game developers, musicians, theatre agencies, data analysts, writers, museums, schools and so many more inspiring people
- A lot of fun
- A good salary based on your experience and education
- A laptop and work mobile
Interested? Please send your application, CV and motivation letter to email@example.com before 14 July 2022