Welcome to the second XR Creators Connect meetup, at which we bring together the XR community in The Netherlands!
This edition will feature the following speakers:
- Natasja Paulsen (4DR Studios & Dutch Rose Media) will talk about volumetric video, which is an exciting technology that transforms real-life actors into holograms for your (XR) app or game. 4DR Studios is the authority in the Netherlands on volumetric capturing and CEO Natasja Paulssen will explain the opportunities and benefits of this new technology.
- Paul van der Meer (Vertigo Games) will talk about The 7th Guest VR. This Halloween The 7th Guest VR was released by Vertigo Games with its much lauded use of volumetric actors. Game Director Paul van der Meer will talk about this remarkable journey and the cooperation with 4DR Studios.
- Tristan Bethe (Co-founder th3rd, now at Snap Inc.) will talk about 3D scanning at scale. He will share what th3rd learned while scanning thousands of products in weeks while maintaining quality for prominent fashion brands. Photogrammetry is a 3d scanning technique widely used for asset creation in the XR, gaming, movie, animation and retail industry while keeping assets lightweight enough to fit into a snapchat lens.
- Jan Verwoerd (360Fabriek) will talk about alternative photogrammetry solutions, using smaller setups, open source solutions and various mobile scanning solutions (Luma AI, RealityScan, Scaniverse, Polycam).
We're also aiming to have some interesting XR hardware at the event to try out before and after the presentations.
- 15:30: Doors open
- 16:00-17:00: Presentations
- 17:00-19:00: Networking drinks
The second edition of our meetup is graciously hosted by A Lab in Amsterdam, right across the water from Amsterdam Central Station, just a quick trip with the ferry (to Buiksloterweg). If you come by car try the A'DAM Toren parking garage, located underneath the square in front of A Lab.
This is an in-person-only event, the presentations are not streamed or recorded.
Organized by Jan Verwoerd (360Fabriek, DutchXR), Doruk Eker (Orb Amsterdam) and Pieter Siekerman (Siekerman Technology).